Saturday, February 16, 2013

5 Bands You Should Be Listening To (La Blogotheque Edition)


La Blogotheque has been one of my favorite things in the world. It's a series of video sessions with musicians in unorthodox places. For almost 7 years, these Take Away Shows, Les Concerts à Emporter, have managed to have famous bands such as Arcade Fire, Vampire Weekend, Phoenix, Bon Iver, etc. It's my favorite thing to watch these popular bands perform in the strangest places. Vampire Weekend played in a deserted backyard with their drummer banging on trash cans as his drums, Mumford & Sons serenaded a random Parisian outside her window, while Noah and the Whale got on a train and started playing their songs. I love it. I love it all.

Here are 5 bands you should be listening to in their Take Away Shows. Trust me, you'll like them and maybe fall in love with them like I have already.

1. The Lumineers


2. Alabama Shakes


3. Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros


4. Alt-J (∆)


5. Yeasayer 

No comments:

Post a Comment