Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Fineshrine in Palawan



[First off, this is a month and a half month overdue. I take full responsibility of my laziness and it is ending now.]
A little bit of context too, my sister's boyfriend was in town so they generously took me along their trip.
So obviously, I was majorly third-wheelin' but it's all good. This just means I could wander off more and take photos. 

We ventured off to Coron, Palawan and we were welcomed with sunshine and bliss that was then taken over by gloomy skies. I guess it wasn't the best time to go to the beach because it was drizzling most times but thankfully, the sun came out once in a while. 




Listen to Fineshrine by Purity Ring


Read More.



Day 1 was about settling in the room, mango shakes, climbing 700+ flights of stairs, hot springs, and feeling clammy. 




The essentials: cameras (DSLR, Lomokino, and GoPro - used to take this pic), sunglasses, a hat, and some device to keep me entertained before I fall asleep. Although it may seem like I'm inseparable from my laptop, I needed it to charge the GoPro. 




This place reminded me of the floating mangrove island in Life of Pi that had meerkats everywhere. [I should mention that it's one of the best films I've seen this year and I highly recommend this as a must watch.]




- - - - -


The hills are alive in the sound of music...


I don't say this enough but I am thankful that I am lucky and able to explore different parts of the country that have all these breathtaking sights. I've always wanted to travel the world and just get lost in the place. That has always been the goal: to earn as much money to buy a private jet and fly wherever I want to, whenever I want to. Or maybe, something a little less extravagant than that but you get my point. 




Y-oga everywhere. This was in a tiny beach with beautiful white sand. 




It was a bit of a hike to go up that mountain and down the other side to this bright blue lagoon. I took this mental picture of the whole scene while I was in the water and making sure I don't forget that moment because, seriously, it was awesome. This just reawakened my longing to go to Kho Phi Phi Island in Thailand because they say it is paradise. 
*they - referring to the movie The Beach (one of my favorite films, srsly)


“Trust me, it's paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is the generation that travels the globe and searches for something we haven't tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite & never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience— And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.”





We went snorkeling with fishes and planktons that stung us - which I initially thought were jelly fishes in disguise but were totally harmless. I also saw a few sea urchins and was overly too cautious not to go near it. But this snorkeling experience in Bellarocca was still the best for me. The fish were literally on our faces.




See you in a different part of the world... and expect me to blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment