Thursday, November 15, 2012

Recognize and Analyze

Step onto my time machine and travel back and relive my awkward formative years. 

First off,

Oh boy, did I love The Moffatts and I am not ashamed. I still have their tapes in my old house. I remember they went here and played Hard Rock Cafe. I was in the midst of a stampede of girls trying to get in and I lost a shoe! What's worse was that I never got to see them. *cue sad music*

Click on to read the rest of the story.



Now, slowly after growing out my love for The Moffatts, this became my jam. This has got to be my ultimate 90s tune. Whenever I hear this on the radio, it never fails to make me sing along.


LFO! Another one of those songs that I could still recite the lyrics to. Girl on TV was another favorite of mine.


Nothings screams the 90s than this song. Now that I think about it, I probably be shouldn't be listening to this song at 8 years old.


Yes, this was my jam back then. Although, it did not reflect who I was. I was not a loser.


Now, moving on to the movies I used to watch over and over back in the 90s.
She's All That was my absolute favorite. I mean, it's Freddie Prinze Jr! He was my Zac Efron when I was like 8. Oh... I probably actually shouldn't have been watching these at 8 years old. My sister and I have a 4 1/2 yr age gap, so I guess she's to blame for letting me watch it with her. 

A close second would have to be 10 Things I Hate About You. It's perfect in every possible way. Come on, recite the poem with me.
I hate the way you talk to me and the way you cut your hair...

I vaguely remember coming out of the cinema from watching Small Soldiers and thinking, I think I'm in love with Gregory Smith.


And then there was, Whatever It Takes.
James Franco. Shane West. Aaron Paul. Colin Hanks.
Yeah, bitch [a Breaking Bad reference]!


As if I'd leave out Clueless off of my list!
Cher Horowitz is my spirit animal.



I hope you enjoyed as much as I did. What were your 90s favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment