Sunday, May 06, 2012

Week 1 in Seattle

It's been almost a week since I arrived in the raw weather of Seattle. It has been mostly around 8-12˚C and its only spring here. Despite chill climate up here, I like the cold weather and hot latte combo. It's such a huge contrast to the heatwave in Manila. I've got about a month more of shivering, stepping out of the shower into the cold, strawberry shortcakes, and rhubarb cobbler until I head back into the sun.
Here's a few interesting facts about Seattle, WA for you.
  • The first ever Starbucks opened in the Pike Place Market in Seattle. 
  • Home of the iconic landmark, Space Needle
  • This is the site of the world's largest building, Boeing's final assembly plant
  • Setting of Grey's Anatomy
Anyways, I really hate flying for hours. There's always this struggle of finding the right position to sleep in. But good thing there were good choices of movies and series to keep me entertained.

Food at the Sky Lounge
Checked-in my eye bags, good thing they didn't charge me extra.
 Trivia #1: The Social Network is my second favorite movie. I never get tired of watching it. [Jewnicorn]




We made it across 6590 miles.
The RV







This is Keagan, but everyone calls him Boboy.


The food at the Spring Tea Brunch was lovely.

At the Wholefoods Market



Happy Cinco de Mayo!

They set up a bonfire backyard, down the hill, to cook the clams they dug up. 
Smores for dessert

And that's a summary of what I've been up the whole week. A month more to go but I don't really want to count. 
Next week's agenda: H&M, The Black Keys & Arctic Monkeys concert, more shopping?

No comments:

Post a Comment