Thursday, September 27, 2012

Little Talks

Well, I turned 21 recently and I got a surprise party. I've seen how these things go from watching way too much tv. First, the guests all gather and keep quiet in one room. All of this is happening while the celebrant is away and hasn't even a hint of an idea about the surprise. When the guests then hear the celebrant is almost there, they turn off the lights and hide behind the furniture. Then, the celebrant opens the door, flicks on the light switch, and "SURPRISE". 

I have to admit, I had no idea about the surprise at all. I was completely shocked and literally had no words. It felt weird being on the receiving end of it all. I had a moment, actually. I had a good look on everyone's faces and took a mental picture. I wish someone told me about it, I could've practiced giving a surprised face instead of just merely standing there. Anyway, I'm so thankful to have the people who are closest to me there. It was a grand night. Family + high school friends + college friends + good food + cake. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect way to spend 21 years of life. 





No comments:

Post a Comment